Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday/October 18

Dirty Spokes Ekiden 40k Trail Running Race 2009/Finishing Time: 3:38

Wow, way to go team! I ran in a 40k mile race with 3 others today! It was pretty cool. I have never done this before and it was a trail run. Not only was it a trail run, but a brutal trail run. It was muddy, hilly, rugged, and very tough. I am happy to say that I ran the first leg in a very nice pace, but I ran the second leg faster! I was hoping that I would be able to run a negative split and I did! Yeah! Our team actually placed second in our age group(161-200). We finished in 3:38. See results below:

1st Leg of Race Results

3.1 mi/26:30/I was well pleased with my pacing on the first leg. Coming in, I fought not to run too hard. Once I noticed I was running a 6:40 pace, I slowed down and coasted in.






2nd Leg of Race Results

3.1 mi/25:49/I felt pretty good after trying to take the first leg pretty easy. I actually felt pretty refreshed and thought that I ran this leg much better.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger