Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Great Weekend....

My weekend started with my daughter's pre-school teacher letting me and my wife know of the progression that she was making in the classroom with her walking.  As most of you know, my daughter has a rare condition called, Angelman's Syndrome.  Children with AS generally walk between the ages of 3-5.

The progression that my daughter's teacher was referring to was in the area of walking.  Of course, what she was seeing in the classroom, we were NOT seeing at home.  The teacher let us in on a little secret and let us know some of the tips they were using at school to see the progression.  Lo' and behold, we decided to immediately try some of the same strategies mentioned and wow, what a difference.  To our surprise, our little Angel spent the weekend walking her little legs off!  (unassisted)

Talk about a 360.  My wife and I have spent a lot of time this weekend letting others know that hey, guess what,  our daughter has officially began to walk!  How exciting is that!  In case you did not notice, you can see my previous post here.

I was actually watching a movie tonight and happened to glance over at the coat rack and immediately wanted to write a post.  Why?  I guess you can say that I am so proud of my little angel and the hard work that she is doing in school and just to be able to see the payoff makes me happy!

It amazes me that we think so often of ourselves and we think how tough we really have it.  Really?  Are you kidding me?  We should just take a moment and look around sometime and I guarantee you can find something or someone that is much worse off and you realize, gee, I don't have so bad after all.

Grateful for a kid that works her butt off inspite of what she was born with to make her future brighter.  It amazes me that this little 3 year old, soon to be 4 year old does this, everyday!  Want to talk about encouragement?  Wow, I have nothing to complain about, absolutely nothing.  Next time you decide to complain or wonder why?  Look to the left or possibly to the right.

Grateful dad,

AVIDRNR

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger