Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 20-August 26

Yippee, I finally got two hour and a half runs in this week. Whew! I must say, on Thursday, I struggled big time coming in, but I made it! I can not wait for this HOT weather to be over. It is definitely getting the best of me! As you can see, I missed my Wednesday run this week as well as my Saturday run. I was planning on missing my Saturday run due to volunteering for Habitat for Humanity with my wife and her company. That was definitely an experience that I hope to have again some day. After working from 8-4 building a home, I had thought that I could get up and run on Sunday. To my surprise, I was worn out; nevertheless, my Sunday run never happened.

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: 7.1 mi/59:06/L1-29:30/L2-29:35/AVG. HR=147/MAX. HR=173
Tuesday: 10.5 mi/1:30:47/L1-45:01/L2-45:45/AVG. HR=150/MAX. HR=166
Wednesday: Unable to Run
Thursday: 10.5 mi/1:31:32/L1-44:40/L2-46:51/AVG. HR=154/MAX. HR=169
Friday: REST
Saturday: Habitat for Humanity(unable to run)
Sunday: REST
Mileage=28.1

For the most part, I had a very good week of running and I was pretty happy with my results. This week I will try to get a good bit of hills in on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. My Saturday run will probably not be as long as usual due to the race that I will be running on Monday (US 10k Classic). That being said, my training for August has been way off as far as my scheduled runs. I think mostly my Saturday runs have suffered as I should have been running for 2 hours and I did not run one time for 2 hours. For September, I am scheduled to run 2.5 hour runs on Saturdays. There are 5 Saturday's in September, so I will miss this Saturday's 2.5 hour run because of the race. The next 4 Saturday runs should be close to the 2.5 hour range. Wish me luck!

Until next week, KEEP RUNNING!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger