Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

July 30-August 5

Whew!!! This heat is getting the best of me. I must say, my week started off pretty good with a 7.1 mile run on Monday. My running went completely down hill after Monday. So much that I decided to take the rest of the week off. I got started early Tuesday morning with a good 20 minute run with my wife. It was nice just to be out running with Sabrina again. It seemed like it had been a long time since running with her. Nevertheless, after running with her, I took off on my own and the first 45 minutes was not terribly bad. The only thing that I noticed was the fact that I was running pretty slow. I figured well, it must be because of the heat. Once I made it to my turn-around point and headed back, I had nothing but trouble. At one point, I felt like I was going to pass out. I walked a good bit coming back, but I still kept running after a few minutes of walking. I struggled throughout the day just to stay awake as I was totally worn out. After lunch, I came home and slept for hours and even after hours of rest, I had a very very hard time getting up. To top the evening off, I went to bed around 8:30 which is pretty early for me.

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: 7.1 mi/1:00:49/L1-30:06/L2-30:43/AVG. HR=151/MAX. HR=167
Tuesday: 9.8 mi/1:45:04/L1-44:43/L2-1:00:21/AVG. HR=139/MAX. HR=162
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 11.3 mi/1:35:57/L1-47:27/L2-48:29/AVG. HR=152/MAX. HR=167
Sunday: REST
Mileage: 28.2

As you can see I was unable to run the majority of the week. I am sure that I could have gone for a run, but I decided to go to the doctor on Thursday to get checked out before getting back into my normal running routine. Thank goodness, I was cleared by the doctor to run again on Saturday. The doctor felt like due to the high humidity and not hydrating properly led to to my downfall. Lesson learned!

It felt GREAT to be back on the road Saturday! I had a GREAT run and a comfortable run. I even ran with Powerade to make sure that I was well hydrated. My plan was to do a 2 hour run, but my wife asked me to take it easy and so I took her advice. Come to find out, it was good that I did because I was pretty tired when I finished. That being said, I pretty much ran 8-8:30 minute miles which isn't too bad for a long run.

This week, I start back to work, so I am hoping to get up around 5ish every day for my morning runs.

Have a GREAT week and HYDRATE!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger