Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 6-August 12

Well, another HOT HOT HOT week of running! Due to the extreme heat this week, I decided to run every other day. As you will see, I did not get many days of running in, but nevertheless, a good week of running. It has been great getting up early and running at the coolest part of the day. Of course, I am not sure that I would call 80 degrees with extreme humidity very cool.

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: 7.1 mi/1:01:20/L1-30:05/L2-31:15
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 6.7 mi/57:55/L1-29:04/L2-28:50/AVG. HR=134/MAX. HR=169
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 10.1 mi/1:27:33/L1-43:42/L2-43:51/AVG. HR=155/MAX. HR=168
Sunday: REST
Mileage=23.9

Most of my runs this week have not been that fast, but I am not too worried about running fast. I am for the most part concentrating on slowing down and having comfortable runs. I have decided to do some hill training on Mondays throughout this week as well as last week. On Labor Day, my wife and I are planning to run the US 10K Classic like we did last year. A great labor day run, if you are interested in running a very hilly course. That being said, I need to run more hills between now and Labor Day.

Wish me luck as I return to school on Monday with the students.

Have a GREAT week of running and try to stay cool!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger