Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 5-November 11

Well, my week started off pretty good with tapering. However, I felt the need to just rest the rest of the week and do a little 2 miler on Friday, the day before my marathon.

I am proud to say that I had another PR on Saturday! I am so excited. What a race on Saturday. I was so excited that I probably ran the first 15 miles too fast. Actually, I know that I ran the first 15 miles too fast. As a matter of fact, I ran the first 21 miles too fast. I figured that I felt so good, why not. This is what happens when you don't stick to your game plan I believe. Around the 22 mile mark, I started getting pretty tired and after running mostly 8:00 miles with a few under 8:00, I started running 9:00 miles and therefore, it started to hurt me. That being said, I am still happy to report that I had a PR! Maybe Arthur Lydiard was right when he said that runners should peak two times in a calendar year. Well, I guess I did.

Here are this week's results:

Sunday: REST
Monday: 6.6 mi/54:07/L1-26:52/L2-27:14
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: 2 mi/16:38/L1-8:28/L2-8:10/AVG. HR.=140/MAX. HR.=160
Saturday: Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon/PR=3:37:31

I must say, I am very happy with my time. I was a bit dissappointed in myself for not pacing better, but all-in-all,
it was a GREAT run. I did not feel as though I had prepared as well as my previous marathon, but it ends up, I did!
Hindsight is always 20/20 and there are several things that I could have done differently, but I am not going to beat
myself up. I am very happy with my PR and with my time.

Not sure what marathon is next, but I will be running a half-marathon(Atlanta Half) on Turkey day!

Hope everyone has had a GREAT week of running!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger