Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Injury...Going on the DL

Well, just as I had thought. I have what is referred to as a "Sports Hernia." I will be on the disabled list for an unknown amount of time. I went on Thursday to my Internist and he delivered the bad news that I indeed have a tear in my inguinal canal. According to the doctor, I can keep running and risk the tear becoming worse and the final result would be the tear becoming ripped apart and my intestines falling down in the tear which would create an enormous amount of pain. I have decided to go ahead and have it fixed and opting to have surgery to repair the tear. I will find out on Monday after visiting the surgeon exactly what that will entail. Hopefully, I can get it done fairly quickly and from what I have been reading, the recovery time should be at the most 6 weeks. Not sure if I am even going to try to do the New York City Marathon as of now.

I will keep you posted after going to the surgeon and will give more updates as they become available. Hope everyone had a good week of running!!

KEEP RUNNING,
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger