Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

June 30-July 6

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!! This week has been a week of very good cool weather, which is totally unusual for it being this time of the year. It is normally pretty darn hot and the humidity is normally pretty high. I had a fairly restful week with not a whole lot of running, but enough running to make me happy. I started the week out pretty good and took it easy most of the week. On Thursday evening, my wife and I went to the Braves game for a nice evening. What a GREAT time we both had!!!
















Here are this week's results:

Monday: 7.3 miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: Peachtree Road Race/6.2 mi/47:12
Saturday: Worked in the Yard (all day)
Sunday: REST
Mileage=18.5

As I mentioned earlier, I pretty much took it easy this week. I was a little bit disappointed in my time in the Peachtree Road Race, but I will not complain too much. I had planned to run 7:30 minute miles and try to push it a bit the last mile and see if I could run it right at 7:00 if not faster. Unfortunately, that did not happen. I was a little misled in thinking the last mile would be pretty much down hill, but that was nowhere near the truth. The course changed due to something I know nothing about and therefore, the last little bit of the race was a pretty good hill and it totally kicked my butt, to say the least. At any rate, I was able to finish the race about 10 seconds slower than last year, UGH!!

On Saturday, my wife and I literally worked in the yard from around 9ish a.m. till about 7ish Saturday evening. That in and of itself was a workout for me! As a matter of fact, we were both so tired, we did not do a thing on Sunday, but hang out at the house and be lazy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!

LJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger