Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 14-July 20

Can you say INJURY? I am sad to report that I have come upon an injury. I guess I am just getting older as I approach the big "40". I have been dealing with some discomfort in the "groin" area for some time now. I hate to say it, but I never experienced this type of pain till I started playing tennis about 10 weeks ago. Therefore, I am blaming the injury on tennis. It seems that I am able to manage the pain a bit more while playing tennis than when I actually go for a run. I ran one time this week and decided after that run to take a week off and just rest. Well, that did not quite happen as I tried to go for a run on Saturday and struggled badly throughout a 5 mile run. At one point, no, make that two different points in my run, I had to actually stop and walk. After doing a good bit of research this weekend, it sounds like I have what's referred to as a "sport hernia." According to what I have read, this comes from playing sports such as tennis that causes your body to make quick turns. I am not 100% certain that this is what I have, but I am pretty sure this is it. I am likely to see a doctors this week.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST
Tuesday: 5.2 mi/43:04
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 5 mi/????? Not sure about the time as I know it took forever, or so it seemed
Sunday: REST
Mileage=10.2 mi

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Although I did not get much running in, it was still a GREAT week! I worked all week long in the yard and in the house trying to get ready for my mother's 66th "Surprise Birthday Party". It was totally awesome! She was totally surprised and we just had a GREAT time sharing the good ol days and just having some good fellowship. Mom, I hope you enjoyed yourself(as I could tell you did) and I wish you many many many more wonderful birthdays!!

Good luck to all this week and HAPPY running to all!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger