Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2006

December 10-December 16

Week 3; Wow, another GREAT week of training! I must say, I am really liking the Arthur Lydiard training plan. I orginially was concerned that it may be too much running, but it actually is not that bad. I think the running in the a.m. has really made a difference for me. The first week of this training, I ran in the evening and that was pretty tough. Tough from the stand point that I had to come home from work and then spend a couple of hours running(that did not sit too well with the wife). Of course, the training in the a.m. frees me up in the evening.

I am definitely getting in much better shape than previous marathons. I have been very surprised at how fresh I am feeling before each of my runs. At the start of the training, I was very tired come the end of the week for my Thursday and Saturday runs. That does not seem to be the case any longer. I was unable to do my 1.5 hour run on Thursday this week, due to time, but I ran some hills instead and that was a change and a good one. Saturday's run had a whole lot of hills in it and I really wanted to go for 2.5 hours, but decided not to. I plan to run for 2.5 hours this coming Saturday. Here are the results for this past week:

Sunday: REST
Monday: 56:51/7.3 mi/29:41-out/27:09-in(5 fartleks)
Tuesday: 1:28:12/10.5 mi/44:13-out/43:58-in
Wednesday: 58:28/7.3 mi/29:48-out(5 fartleks/28:39-in(5 fartleks)
Thursday: 50:57/6.3 mi/17:25-out/18:09-back(Hill1-7:43/Hill2-7:39)
Friday: REST
Saturday: 2:06:45/14 mi/2:06:45/I ran 1 hour w/Allen and 1 hour solo
Mileage=45

All in all, I am getting faster and my in/out times are getting much faster. I realized today after a run that I may be starting to run too fast and forgetting about being "comfortably tired" as opposed to just plain "tired." Also, the whole point of this training is to run comfortably and afterwards feel good enough to where if I wanted to, I could run another 3 or 4 miles.
Keep Running!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger