Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December 24-December 30

Week 5; This has been an incredible week of training! I can not believe the results that I have witnessed this week. First of all to start the week, I had an incredible tempo run on Sunday(12/24). I did not feel as if I was running that hard, but man, I got to my turn-around point extremely fast. I also returned fairly faster than previous weeks(nearly 2 minutes). I also increased my speed workout this week. The rest of the week, I had the same experience(s) as Sunday-much faster times.

Here are the results:

Sunday: 53:44/7 mi/26:31-out/27:13-in/tempo run
Monday: Unable to run (Christmas Day)
Tuesday: 1:23:08/10.5 mi/41:39-out/41:29-in
Wednesday: 53:49/7.3 mi/27:29-out(7-fartleks)/26:20-in(7-fartleks)
Thursday: 1:25:05/10.5 mi/42:57-out/42:08-in
Friday: REST
Saturday: 2:25:59/16 mi/I ran 1 hour with Allen and the rest solo.
Mileage=51

This has truly been a GREAT week of training! It was interesting when I went in to get new running shoes on Thursday. I had the opportunity to speak with one of the reps there about the Arthur Lydiard training program. He was a big fan of Arthur's and he was not surprised to hear of my results. He has read several of Arthur's books and confirmed that Arthur's program is a GREAT program if not the best around today and really encouraged me to get one or two of his books. This served as confirmation to me that I was on to something very good, as if I needed any confirmation after seeing the results after 1 month.

As you can see I missed Monday's run due to Christmas. Had I ran on Monday, that would have put me into the 60 mile range for weekly miles. For the month of January, I plan to reach the 60's and higher as far as mileage goes. My schedule will change drastically, as I run in January due to it being the last month before the marathon. Basically, the month of February will be taper time.

Schedule for the month of January:

Monday: 10 miles at 1/2 effort
Tuesday: 15 miles at 1/4 effort
Wednesday: 12 miles at 1/2 effort over hilly course
Thursday: 18 miles at 1/4 effort
Friday: REST
Saturday: 22 miles at 1/4 effort
Sunday: 15 miles at 1/4 effort

Seeing that it was the Christmas holidays, I had the incredible opportunity as last year to spend time with my lovely nephews for 5 days:

James Byron, 10
Jordan Bryce, 5
Jonathan Bradley, 2

Here are the boys at Dick's Sporting Goods Store doing some rock climbing!





Jonathan and Jordan












James Byron nears the top of the rock with ease!












James Byron goes for the tougher climb.







Thanks guys for a GREAT weekend! Can't wait till the next time!
Happy New Year to all!!

KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger