Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 14-January 20

This week has been a bit of a struggle. That being said, it could have been a lot worse. I started the week running in the a.m. and then the weather turned cold and rainy and I missed Tuesday morning's run and had to run in the evening. Once I started running in the evenings, I had to finish the week running in the evenings. As you can see, my usual Tuesday 15 miler was a 5.8 miler and the Wednesday usual 12 miler was a 11.7 miler and it probably was not nearly as hilly as the usual Wednesday course, but yet hilly.

Here are the results for this week:

Sunday: Unable to run
Monday: 10mi/1:21:07/41:23-out/39:43-in
Tuesday: 5.8 mi/48:21
Wednesday: 11.7 mi/1:34:35
Thursday: Unable to run
Friday: REST
Saturday: 22 mi/3:07:59/I ran solo. Here is my 22 mile route, just copy and paste address:
http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=101203
Mileage: 49.3

This was definitely my worst week yet. I had a really good run on Wednesday, but the rest of the week was not that GREAT. I guess looking back, I blame it on the weather. The weather in the ATL has not been that great this week. On Monday, I was able to get up at 4:30 am and able to do my run. Then, the bad weather came in. On Tuesday, it got really cold and rainy in the ATL and I had to run in the evening. Seeing that I am a married man these days, I was able to only get a 5.8 miler in. On Wednesday, I was able to get in some good hills and although I normally run from the gym, I forgot my shoes and had to run from home. That being said, it was a really good run. It was not the usual 12 mile hilly route, but still a hilly route, just not quite 12 miles. On Thursday, I woke up thinking that I would not have to work, but to my surprise, I had to go in. That being said, I was NOT able to muster up the strength to run due to the COLD, frigid temperatures. Nevertheless, I think REST is never a bad idea.

Saturday's 22 miler was actually a very good run. I was rather impressed with the run. I ran a lot more hills than I needed to or wanted to. I was rather surprised at how good I felt. The last mile or so was pretty tough, but I was happy with my time, especially seeing that I ran solo and that I finished in the same amount of time that I finished in the previous week. The sad thing is that last week I ran pretty much the same time, but I only ran 20 miles. I must say that the first 1.5 hours of last weeks run was with a friend. I am very happy with my time, seeing that the course that I ran was EXTREMELY hilly! Next week I plan to run another 22 miler and I plan for it to be much flatter.

Good week, even though the weather was crappy and I did not run nearly as good as previous weeks. Hopefully, this upcoming week will be much better. After this week, I will start tapering.

Keep Running!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger