Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

January 7-January 13

Well, another week has come and gone. This was my first week back at school, so I must say, I was pooped all week. I started the week off running in the mornings and on Wednesday, it got very COLD in Atlanta, so I decided to run in the evenings on Wednesday and Thursday. The hill workout went really well and I felt totally refreshed doing the hills. As you can see the time does not reflect how good I felt, but it was a GREAT run. I also modified my schedule this week opting not to run a 18 miler on Thursday and did a 10 miler instead.

I feel like if the marathon was tomorrow that I could probably do it. That is a GREAT feeling being able to say that, but seeing that I still have well over a month left, there is progress to be made.

Here are the results for this week:

Sunday: Unable to run
Monday: 10 mi/1:24:34/43:03-out/41:31-in
Tuesday: 13 mi/1:50:02
Wednesday: 12 mi/1:42:48/51:28-out/51:20-in
Thursday: 10 mi/1:24:29/42:20-out/42:09-in
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20 mi/3:02:49/I ran with Allen for about 1.5 hours
Miles: 65

If you would like to see the routes that I ran, you can just use last weeks links because they are the same routes.
Tuesday, I forgot the course that I was running and missed a couple of turns. My 15 miler turned into a 13 miler. I was pretty shocked when I got back to the gym and thought there is no way that I ran that fast. Then, I looked at my running routes and realized that I had left out a couple of turns.

Wednesday's run went really well. Although, my time was a couple of minutes slower than the previous week, I felt 10 times bettter during the run. I felt really strong going up the hills coming back.
Thursday was a good run. I really felt refreshed and tried to get back to Arthur's principle, running so that when I am finished, "I could go another 2 or 3 miles if I wanted to." All in all it was a GREAT run and it was FLAT!
I had a GREAT run on Saturday. The 20 miler was a very comfortable run and I was actually a bit disappointed that I did not run further. I felt so refreshed and I wasn't even tired afterwards. Speaking of being tired, I was not even sore afterwards.

This has been a challenging, but GREAT week! I hope everyone is sticking to those New Year's Resolutions and have not broken them already.

KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger