Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 21-January 27

Whew!!! What a week? Man, we have had a whole lot of rain here in the ATL. Other than that and the COLD weather, it has been a pretty good week! My hilly run on Tuesday was really a good run. I have realized that the hills are not that bad anymore. I remember running my usual Tuesday hilly route the first time and thinking what the heck have I done. Now, weeks later, it does not seem like a bad run at all. I usually sprint the last 1-1.5 miles back. It is amazing how fresh I feel when I am finished with the hills.
Saturday's 22 miler was pretty good. I think I felt a lot better than the previous 22 miler. I actually ran an out and back course and came back faster than I went out to my surprise. All in all, a good run. I feel as though I am ready for Gasparilla! I think the REST over the next few weeks will really make a difference come February 18 and hopefully, I will feel REFRESHED!!

Here are this weeks results:

Sunday: Unable to run(RAIN)
Monday: Unable to run(RAIN)
Tuesday: 15 mi/2:07:35**Hey, I did not forget my route this week** If you would like to view this route, copy and paste this
link: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=96561
Wednesday: 12 mi/1:40:44/out-50:06/in-50:38**If you would like to view this route, copy and paste this link:
http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=96795
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 22 mi/1:32:04-out/1:31:00-in/**If you would like to view this route, copy and paste this link:
http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=102609
Mileage= 49

This is my last week of hard training. Starting on Monday, I will be in TAPER mode seeing that my marathon(Gasparilla Marathon/Tampa Marathon) is coming up in 3 weeks. I have actually enjoyed the Arthur Lydiard training. That being said, it has taken up a serious amount of my time. I would like to continue the Arthur Lydiard plan even after the marathon. According to Arthur, one should peak at least 2 times a year. Hopefully, my first time will be on February 18 and hopefully again later in the year!
Keep Running and think POSITIVELY!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger