Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

April 16-April 22

Well, here we go, back to running by time. My first run of the week was the same route that I ran when I started the Arthur Lydiard Training program. Guess what? I ran a whole mile longer in the same 1 hour period. AWESOME! By the time I got to my usual turn-around-point, my watch said only 27:20, which meant that I needed to run another 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
The last time I ran this route, when I got to the turn-around-point, it was 3.5 miles, this time it was 4 miles. I guess I am not that surprised, especially after running a PR in Tampa and seeing how well I have been doing in ALL of my last 4 or 5 runs.

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: 8 mi/1:01:42/out-30:40/in-31:02
Tuesday: 10.5 mi/1:28:27/out-44:10/in-44:17
Wednesday: Unable to Run
Thursday: 10.5 mi/1:32:36/out-45:22/in-47:13-in
Friday: REST
Saturday: 12 mi/1:51:34 w/Allen
Sunday: Unable to Run
Mileage=41 mi

I must say, it felt pretty darn good to be running long miles again. I enjoyed each of my runs this week. That being said, I did feel some soreness this week before each of my runs and I also felt a little tired. Once I started running though, I was good to go!

As you can see, I missed my Wednesday run and also my 30 minute Sunday run due to conflicts, but hopefully next week, I can get all of my runs in. On Sunday I skipped my run to go play a little golf, so I still got some good exercise in and I gave my legs a little rest. Saturday's run was with my friend Allen, so I am not real sure how far we ran because we just went out and ran. I am basing the time on previous runs with Allen. All in all, not a bad week at all. I will use the same schedule this week, hope everyone has had a WONDERFUL week and enjoying this BEAUTIFUL weather! Have a GREAT week!

Keep Running,
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger