Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 14-May 20

This has been a much better week for me compared to last week. I am finally in a bit of a routine for the most part. I have been taking a SPIN class every Friday for the past 3 weeks, so that has been a GREAT change for me. Not to mention, that the SPIN class gives me a well needed break on the pounding of my body.

I miissed a couple of runs this week and got out of sorts on a couple of days, but nevertheless, a very good week!

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: Unable to Run
Tuesday: 4.8 mi/38:10/L1-20:08/L2-18:01
Wednesday: 10.8 mi/1:26:55/L1-44:29/L2-41:55
Thursday: 6.1 mi/47:42
Friday: SPIN
Saturday: 9 mi/1:27:36/with Allen
Sunday: Unable to Run
Mileage: 30.7

Saturday was a good restful run with my friend Allen. It was nice just catching up with him seeing that we haven't run together in about 2 weeks. When we run together, the time just seems to fly by and we really just do a lot of catching up! Allen and I were just discussing on our run, how long we have been knowing one another. The cool thing is, we met through TEAM in TRAINING! I was actually his mentor and helped him complete his very first marathon (Big Sur). We did just about ALL of our training runs together and once the race was over, we decided to continue running with one another. And as you know how they say it, the rest is history. We have been running together ever since. It is just nice to have someone to talk with while running, especially for long periods of time as we do. Thanks Allen for being a good friend!

Well, as you can see, I have not been sticking exactly to my originally planned schedule. I got to thinking, why am I doing all of this running? I am not even training for anything. I guess, I just wanted to stay in tip-top shape and not lose the speed that I had gained. Well, I have now decided to run the original schedule when I can and if I am unable to, no biggie. I will just continue to run it as much as I can and this way in the fall when I start training for the New York Marathon (if I get in that is), I can pick up with my normal routine and it not be so hard to get into.

Oh well, until next week, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week of running and try to do something different this week with your running. Don't run the same ol route that you normally run or the same ol allotted time that you normally run, go out and take a SPIN class or just plain go for a run and not even time it or use your running watch. Just do it to enjoy it!

I am preaching to the choir, if you know what I mean!

KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger