Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 18- June 24

It has felt GREAT to be running again. This week was my first week back to normal running. I decided after Monday's run to pretty much run every other day as I acclimated myself back into a normal running routine. I have been extremely busy this week between running every other day and playing golf the first 3 days of the week. I never realized how 18 holes of golf was so draining. On Monday and Wednesday I played golf and ran 8 miles the in the morning before playing golf. Both times, I came home and was in bed by 9 pm. That being said, my Wednesday run was a bit tiring and I felt extremely fatigued on the second half of the 8 mile run. Whew!!

This week I got a new Polar Heart Rate watch so I started keeping my pulse as I run to see if I am working hard enough. As you can see in the results section that I now have the Average Heart Rate (AVG HR) and the Maximum Heart Rate (MAX HR) listed.

Here are this weeks results:

Monday: 7.8 mi/1:00:31/L1-30:02/L2-30:29/AVG. HR=161/MAX. HR=173
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 8 mi/1:03:40/L1-30:57/L2-32:42/AVG. HR=156/MAX. HR=174
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 11 mi/1:40:42/L1-47:36/L2-53:06/AVG. HR=141/MAX. HR=163
Sunday: REST
Mileage=26.8

Saturday's run went really well for the most part. I ran with my friend Allen again, so it was a very comfortable run. We ran the Peachree route again to continue to get ready for the Peachtree Road Race. Something very interesting happened on the way back. Every once in a GREAT while, I have this feeling come over me and it is for the most part an onset of a migraine. My eyes get fairly blurry and I start seeing patches. This happened for the last 2 miles probably and I kept thinking that maybe it was sweat in my eyes, but it was not. I continued my run and actually finished ok. Afterwards, of course, I had a major headache. I took a couple of advil after the run and here it is some 7 hours later, and my head is still throbbing. Oh well, I guess things happen, I am just glad that it doesn't happen more frequently.

Due to the migraine that occurred on Saturday, I decided not to run on Sunday because I was still feeling some effects of the migraine. Whew! As I update my blog, I can finally say that I feel 10 times better now. This week, I will continue to probably run every other day. There is a slight chance that that may change.

Until next week, KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger