Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 8- October 14

What a GREAT week of training! I originally was a little concerned after doing a 24 miler on Saturday. Man, I was pretty impressed come Monday morning and I was able to run. Granted, I was a little tired, but nevertheless, I was able to do a run and for the most part feel pretty comfortable. I did shorten the run and do 4.4 miles as opposed to the usual 7.1 miles. Then, I took off on Tuesday, just to give myself a little more rest. I then finished the rest of the week out with my normal runs and not only that, but finished the runs fairly faster than normal!

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 4.4 mi/38:07/L1-19:43/L2-18:23/AVG. HR.=142/MAX. HR.=159
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 7.1 mi/58:38/L1-29:05/L2-29:33/AVG. HR.=152/MAX. HR.=171
Thursday: 10.5 mi/1:26:44/L1-44:23/L2-42:21/AVG. HR.=147/MAX. HR.=166
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20 mi/3:00:13/L1-1:34:29/L2-1:25:29/AVG. HR.=145/MAX. HR.=168
Sunday: REST
Mileage=42

Once again, I am rather happy about this week's training. As I mentioned last week the fact that I was uncertain about whether or not I was going to be ready for my upcoming marathon, I can happily say today that those fears have been put to rest. My 20 miler on Saturday was a GREAT run! I could have easily run further and coming back, I really picked up the pace several times throughout the final 10 miles. The last mile was actually under 8 minutes. The majority of the miles that I ran going out were right under 9 minutes. I did run the first 8-9 miles with two others which allowed me to take my time and slow down. When I got to the turnaround point I picked up the pace significantly. I am looking forward to this week's training and this is my last week of training and then I will go into taper mode! I am looking forward to tapering, but I am also looking forward to the marathon!!

Hope everyone has had a GREAT week of running as well! Good luck this week and as usual, KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good stuff

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger