Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 11-February 17

Whew! What a long week. The week started off pretty good with a nice speed workout on Monday. I skipped Tuesday and Wednesday's run as you will see below. Great run on Thursday as well as Saturday. I struggled a great deal this week, mostly from just being tired. I am very surprised as how great I am feeling on my Saturday long runs. So surprised that I am wondering if I should just continue the amount of rest that I have been getting by skipping one of my longer Tuesday/Thursday runs and just doing one of them. I am obviously getting faster and stronger as you can see from previous runs on Tuesday and Thursdays. My normal 1.5 hour run equates to about 10.2 miles and I am now running over 11 miles in the same time.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 7.1 mi/55:57/L1-28:02/L2-27:54/5-Fartleks
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 11.2 mi/1:28:52/L1-44:09/L2-44:42
Friday: REST
Saturday: 18.4 mi/2:50:31/Ran with a couple of friends
Sunday: REST
Mileage=36.7

My Saturday run went really well as it was the same route from the previous week. Also, I ran with a couple of friends and it was definitely a good run. I did not quite run 3 hours and mostly because I was with someone else and they were not really interested in running another 20 minutes or so. I feel pretty good about my training this week and my run on Saturday as I know that I could have easily ran another 30 minutes. This week the weather should be great here and I am hopeful that I will not miss a run. If you want to see my routes from this week, they are the same as last week, so feel free to view the Monday, Thursday and Saturday elevation profiles. Saturday's run was a great workout and I really enjoyed the hills in Buckhead.

Good running to everyone this week!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger