Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 13-October 19

As I continue to get back to my normal running, I am beginning to feel better and better each week. This week was definitely no exception. I am beginning to run much faster and feel better after each of my runs. I would like to believe that I am getting back to where I was before I injured myself. I was able to play tennis this week (Saturday) on my ALTA team and play pain-free. At one time, I thought tennis was the sole reason why I got injured, but after playing on Saturday(3 sets), I am not even sure that is what caused the injury because I was able to play some good tennis and not even feel any pain. That being said, my partner and I did get beat, 6-2, 4-6, 0-6. After the tennis match I went straight home and hopped on my bike. Saturday was my first long ride. Man, it was awesome! I enjoyed the ride and coming home, I had a hill that was just a bit too much for me and had to walk the bike, but nevertheless, it was still a GREAT ride!

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 5.9 mi/49:52/Nice, easy run. Ran the last 2 miles pretty hard and felt great!



Tuesday: 6 mi/50:30/Nice, easy run with a good pace!










Wednesday: 6.5 mi/55:27/Good run that started out fairly tough, but ended up in a good strong run. Finished the last mile around 7:00.



Thursday: 5.9 mi/50:44/Just a nice, easy run. I started the run just trying to run an easy 9 minute pace and struggled the whole run to keep it there. I ended up running the last mile under 7:00. Geez!



Friday: REST

Saturday: 14.5 mi(bike ride)/54:09/Wow, first long ride on my bike! Awesome, easy ride. I got pretty darn tired coming back in and at one point had to walk the bike up a hill.



Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles=24.3(run)/14.5(bike)

As you can see, I did have a pretty productive week. Hopefully, this week I can run in the a.m. and get on my bike in the evenings. That is my plan, but with the cooler temperatures and the darkness setting in quicker, I may not be able to ride as far as I would like. At any rate, I am still trying to decide on the Atlanta Half-Marathon. I am sure that I will do it, I just want to do well in it and not just show up to finish. Of course, if I run it, it will be my 10 year anniversary running it! Hope everyone had a GREAT week of training!

AVIDRNR

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger