Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 17-November 23

This week wasn't so bad. I had some really good runs this week with some speed added toward the end of the week. I am noticing that my body is feeling a bit fatigued as I run any kind of distance. It seems once I get to about the 10-11 mile mark, my body starts to ache. I am sure this is due to the fact that I could not run for a little over a month due to my injury. That being said, I felt much better on my Saturday run than the previous week's long run.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST

Tuesday: 6.1 mi/51:37/Enjoyed running in the a.m. Man, it was freezing cold, coldest run yet. As usual, it was extremely windy coming back in. Nice, comfortable, run!



Wednesday: SPIN

Thursday: 6.5 mi/53:11/Great run, felt well-rested and ran pretty hard!



Friday: REST

Saturday: 14.6 mi/2:09:47/Nice run. Same route basically as last week, I just added a little more. I felt much better coming in than last week. I did feel tired, but managed to finish strong.



Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles: 27.2 mi(run)

I feel pretty confident that I will do just fine in the Atlanta Half Marathon this week. The training is over for the most part as I take it easy this week. I am not expecting any great time or a PR by any means. The goal is just to finish and to not re-injure myself. If I can do that, I will be totally happy! As Thanksgiving Day nears, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and that everyone eats a lot of turkey! Hey, you deserve it if you have been putting in the miles. This is one of my favorite holidays as I can't wait to gobble up some turkey and eat all day! No better feeling than eating and stuffing your face knowing that you will run it off the next day or two. I am so grateful and thankful for my wife, my family, my friends, my health, my job and Christ! These are just a few, what are you thankful for today?

Be safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger