Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3-November 9

As you will see, I had a pretty good week of running and biking. I was able to get a long run in on Saturday and it was a very good one. So good that I signed up for the Atlanta Half Marathon. I am excited about running the ATL Half for my 10th year and looking forward to running it with my brother(BJ). I am just hoping that I can keep up with him. BJ is in the middle of training for the Mobile Alabama Marathon in January. He should be in much better shape than I am. I am looking forward to the run! I also got in a good long bike ride on Saturday and I had a very unfortunate incident happen while riding on Saturday. My friend Allen and I rode down at Freedom Pkwy and coming back in I went around a curve and a kid was riding his bike on the wrong side and I never saw him till it was a little too late. We collided, well not really me, but he hit my bike and crashed and man, he was screaming. I think it scared him more than anything. Thank God neither of us were hurt. I must say, I was a bit disappointed in the parents as they literally just left him behind and had it not been for me waving them down, they would have never known what took place. At any rate,

Here are this week's results:

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Monday: 5.7 mi/46:37/Good run! If I had more time, I would have run further. Ran pretty hard coming in.



Tuesday: 6.6 mi/55:29/Nice, easy run with some good speed the last couple of miles!



Wednesday: REST

Thursday: 5.4 mi/44:34/Very comfy run with a good bit of speed the last 1.5 mile or so.



Friday: REST

Saturday: 11.8 mi(run)/1:41:29/It was good just to get a long run in. I was very surprised at how great I felt throughout my
run. I should definitely not have a problem with the ATL half on Turkey Day!

20 mi(bike)/1:29:15/Great ride after a 12 mile run! Even though I hit a kid not paying attention where he was going. I am pleased with the ride! It was extremely windy coming back.


Run


Bike Ride

Sunday: 18.3 mi(bike)/1:14:31/Nice, comfortable ride w/Jerry. Lot of hills with very little traffic. Felt pretty good after
yesterday's 20 mile ride.



Weekly Miles: 29.5 mi(run)/38.3 mi(bike)

As I said, a much better week with my running. I am very pleased with my bike riding as well. As the cooler temperatures come our way, I will probably ride the bike less and continue to run regardless of the temperatures. As I said earlier, I am very happy with my running and I am certain that I will do well in the Atlanta Half Marathon. I will definitely be running the race with my brother(BJ) and staying with him throughout the race. This will be something different for me. Of course, we have only ran one other race together and that was his first marathon(Mercedes Marathon) and we did not run together. Hopefully, he will not take off and leave me. Hope everyone has had a GREAT week of training!

KEEP RUNNING/BIKING!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger