Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 11-May 17

Another productive week for me as I approach the final weeks of training for my first triathlon. I started the week off pretty rough, but finished smoothly. I think I may have taken a few steps backwards as far as my swimming is going. I felt very good a couple of weeks ago about the progress that I was making, but then it seems like I missed a couple of swims. Wow, what a difference that must have made because I struggled greatly in my Monday and Friday swim sessions. I am going to probably spend a bit more time in the water this week to try to become a bit more comfortable. As far as the running and biking, I could do the triathlon tomorrow, but the swimming, I don't think so!

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST

Tuesday: 4.2 mi/35:17/Easy run with no speed, just tried to take it easy after a 4-day break from running!





Wednesday: 4.3 mi/34:47/Nice late run in the evening! Felt great and just took a nice easy stroll!





Thursday: 4.3 mi/36:59/I had a rough start and did not really feel like running, but finished really well.





Friday: REST

Saturday: 21.4 mi(bike ride)/1:38:29/Nice ride in Buckhead for the first time. Lot's of hills with some big down hills as well! On one hill I got up to 40 mph!





Sunday: SWIM (30 minutes)

Weekly Miles: 12.8 miles(run)/21.4 miles(bike)

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

So, the week was actually not bad. I finished my week on Sunday with a very productive swim. The plan was to swim for 30 minutes, then ride my bike for 30 minutes and finish with a 30 minute run. My swim could not have gone better. Man, I was pretty worried about my swim for the race, but after today, I am excited again. I actually swam the entire 30 minutes with very few stops. Most of the stops were to get the water out of my goggles.

I am hoping for another good week of training as my 2008-2009 school year come to an end. I am so excited that it is summer time! Hope everyone has had a great week. Next weekend will be a 3 day weekend, yippee! Have a great week.
LJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go...stay on top of the swimming & try not to cheat!

--Coach S Johnson

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger