Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18-May 24

Can you say, summer time? Yeah!! I am officially out of school for the summer. I could not be happier. Out of 14 years of teaching school, I have never been so ready for a school year to come to an end. I am not completely done just yet. I have two teacher work days on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I will be free. All of this being said, I have had another productive week of training. I had a really good swim session on Thursday and I was able to swim 20 laps in less than 30 minutes.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 4.1 mi/33:20/Easy morning run with some speed coming in. A cold front came in so it was pretty chilly!





Tuesday: 6.2 mi/51:25/Great run with some speed coming in. I was a bit tired at the start, but ended up running further and more hills!





Wednesday: REST

Thursday: SWIM (30 minutes) a.m./20 laps
4 mi/33:14/Nice run where I struggled the first mile and then picked
it up the last 3 miles!

Friday: REST

Saturday: 24 mi(bike)/1:31:04/Nice ride with Bob O. in Buckhead with lots and lots of hills.

Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles: 14.3 miles(run)/24 miles(bike)

** My GPS went to the shop to be fixed on Wednesday, so no cool pictures for this week of my runs/bike routes.**
**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**


It feels good be getting back in shape again! Not only that, it is exciting to be able to train for something again. I love competition and I actually enjoy training for something. It gives you something to work towards. It is also exciting to be able to push yourself to heights you have never been. I use to always think that I would run marathons and thats it. Since getting hurt, I have had to find inspiration elsewhere and I think I have find it. Hope everyone is enjoying the 3 day weekend. Happy Memorial Day!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger