Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2007

February 4-February 10

Wow...it feels so good to be back on the road again. After last week, I didn't think I would ever get back out to run. With all the cold weather and rain here in Atlanta, we finally got some good weather this week. It was still a bit cool, but nothing unusual. It also feels so good to be tapering! One thing that I am noticing is that it is sooo hard for me to slow down on these runs. I feel so GREAT that I just want to see how fast I can really run after all of this GREAT training. Of course, I know that if I continue to run too hard, I am not going to feel recovered come next weekend. So, I have made it a point to just run 8:30 minute miles on all my runs. That being said, it is harder than it sounds.

Here are this weeks results:

Sunday: 4mi/36:04/17:32-out/18:32-back
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 7 mi/52:26/26:55-out/25:30-back
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 5 mi/38:23/19:40-out/18:42-back
Friday: REST
Saturday: 10 mi/1:21:58/41:26-out/40:31-back
Mileage=26

As you can see, I had a bit of a struggle trying to slow down and run 8:30 minute miles this week. I came fairly close a few times, but not as close as I should have. I had a really good 10 mile run today(Saturday)inspite of the 27 degree weather with a 17 degree wind chill. I paced myself fairly well, but not slow enough. Hopefully, this week, I can do a better job. All in all, still a good week of training. I am pretty excited about the race coming up and looking forward to a GREAT race in Tampa. Next time I post to my blog it will be the results of the Gasparilla Marathon! Wish me luck!!

KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger