Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Recovery Mode...February 18-24

Well, I am beginning to come down off my PR high that I had this time last week. That being said, I am so excited about my PR that I can't wait till my next race to see if I can better that 3:37:59 time!

I am now in recovery mode and I must say, I could not wait to go for a run on Saturday. I ran with my friend Allen and we talked about the race it seems, the entire 1 hour and 20 minute run. He is probably so glad that run is over. Of course, Sabrina and I went to dinner Saturday evening with Allen and his wife, Vickie, and once again, we talked about the race and my awesome PR.

Allen and I ran a good 8 mile run and of course it was a good slow 8 mile run with several hills. I felt as if I could have easily gone further, but I did not push the issue. I will be in recovery mode for the next 3 weeks. In March, I will be running the Inaugural ING Georgia Half Marathon. Hopefully, I can PR again!

Here is the schedule for this week:

Sunday: 4 miles
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles/speedwork(repeats)
Wednesday: 3 miles/
Thursday: 4 miles/speedwork(repeats)
Friday: REST
Saturday: Chattahoochee Road Runners 10K

I plan to run a 10K on Saturday to get me a good spot in the Peachtree Road Race. Hopefully, I can once again PR in a 10K. I can't remember the last time I ran a 10K. I am looking forward to it.

KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger