Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 25-March 3

Recovery is sooo sweet! I have enjoyed this recovery training. It has been a GREAT week of recovery. I was unable to run one day this week due to rain and tornados in the area, but I have learned, a little REST never hurt anyone. I also decided NOT to run that 10k that I had planned to run on Saturday. Instead of doing the 10K, I just ran my 13 miler on Saturday instead of the planned Sunday 13 miler.

Here are this weeks results:

Sunday: 4 mi/30:21/out-15:51/in-14:30
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 4 miles/33:57/out-17:10(5-repeats)/in-16:47(5-repeats)
Wednesday: 3.3 miles/26:30
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 13 mi/1:54:22 w/Allen
Mileage=24.3

Here is the schedule for this week:

Sunday: 4 mi/tempo run
Monday: SPIN
Tuesday: 4 mi/EASY
Wednesday: 3.3 mi/10 min.EASY/10 min.MARATHONPACE/10 min.COOLDOWN
Thursday: 4 mi/EASY
Friday: REST
Saturday: 10 mi

Well, as I continue to recover from my BEST marathon, I am contemplating what is next for me? First, I am running the Inaugral ING Georgia Half-Marathon and then hopefully, The New York Marathon in November. I would really like to
run a 10k to see how fast I can actually do a 6.2 miler seeing that I am in such GREAT shape at this time. Oh well, I will continue to ponder for now. My wife has a co-worker whose son's school gets money for a 5K race this upcoming weekend, so I have promised her that I would participate. That being said, maybe I can PR in a 5K. I can't remember the last time I ran a 3.1 miler race.

At any rate, RECOVERY is going really well and my 13 miler was GREAT on Saturday. It felt really good to be out on the road for awhile. My friend, Allen and I ran many many hills as we did the 13 miler. Of course, it's pretty hard to run anywhere in the ATL without hitting any hills. (Hills are good, right?) I guess that is why the Gasparilla felt so good because I can't remember a single hill!

Keep Running and PR!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger