Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

March 4-March 10

As I continue my recovery from my best marathon yet, I continue to be amazed at the way I have been feeling. Each run has been a good run. I still continue to struggle with slowing down on the EASY runs, but at least I am slowing down on the longer runs (could it be because I am running with someone?)

Two more weeks of recovery. I feel as though I have recovered already, but I will continue on in RECOVERY MODE!

Here are this weeks results:

Sunday: Unable to run
Monday: Spin
Tuesday: 4 mi/35:36/out-17:47/in-17:48/
Wednesday: 3.3 mi/24:37/8 min w/u/8 min MP/8 min 5K-pace
Thursday: 4.5 mi/36:48
Friday: REST
Saturday: 10K Race/6.2 mi/44:07/L1-6:43/L2-6:53/L3-7:08/L4-7:32/L5-7:50/L6-7:48
Mileage=18 mi

I really enjoyed running the 10K on Saturday. I can't remember the last time that I actually ran in a 10k. The race started in a heavy downpour and by the end of the race, the rain had let up some. I kinda went back to my old ways by starting out way too fast. As you can see my first mile was rather fast as well as the 2nd mile. Hindsight, I should have run 7:10 or 7:15 minute miles and the results could have been a bit more favorable. That being said, I was pretty pooped the last two miles. The last mile should have been a good bit faster, I guess I just got lazy. Of course, I couldn't have been too tired. I went out shortly after the race and took tennis drills for nearly 2 hours.

Oh well, another good week in the books. This week I will still be in recovery mode and here is the schedule:

Sunday: 10 mi/
Monday: SPIN
Tuesday: 5 mi/EASY
Wednesday: 3 x mile@5K pace(REST 3-5 minutes in between)
Thursday: 5 mi/EASY
Friday: REST
Saturday: 10 mi/
.
Hope everyone has a GREAT week and KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger