Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

December 31-January 6

Training time for ol LJ! I am excited to get started this month for the ING Georgia Marathon in March. This week has not been too terribly bad as I was able to get 4 runs in and only miss Monday and Tuesday. As the holiday season officially comes to an end and as I get back to work, training time is upon me. My plan is to get some time in the gym pumping some iron in the a.m. and then doing my runs in the evening. As in the past races, I am going to be using the Arthur Lydiard training program that I have modified, of course. Here are next weeks runs as well as the schedule for the month of January:

Monday: 1 hour
Tuesday: 1.5 hours
Wednesday: 1 hour
Thursday: 1.5 hours
Friday: REST
Saturday: 2.5 hours
Sunday: 30 minutes

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 6.2 mi/55:22/Ran with Dan
Thursday: 8 mi/1:01:43/L1-32:00/L2-29:42
Friday: REST
Saturday: 9.7 mi/1:30:44/Ran with Allen
Sunday: 16.5 mi/2:35:03/L1-53:25/L2-53:38/L3-47:59/Ran with Dan on L1/L2
Mileage=40.4

It's been awhile since running so much in a week. I am feeling pretty darn good after that 16.5 miler today! I am looking forward to getting back to my marathon training schedule this week! I am planning to run with a couple of friends tomorrow for some of my hour run, but probably not all of it. I will finish solo and probably get a little bit of speed work in. I am back to school tomorrow, so my training runs will start in the evenings as I get back to some weights. I am hoping to start my morning workouts with weights this week to try to tone up a bit so that I am not soooo skinny! Wish me luck as 5:30 comes a bit early and I try to adjust to being back at school. Speaking of school, I am teaching a new subject this Spring, Exploring Technology. I have always taught Business Education, so this is something new for me. I must say, it is pretty exciting! I am a bit worried as expected when doing something new, but I feel pretty ready!

Have a GREAT week of running and as always, KEEP RUNNING!
LJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lamar, you are my hero!!!
Run man run.
Jeff Henderson

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger