Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 21-January 27

Man, what a cold week in the ATL. I must say, I am beginning to hate running in this cold weather. It is so hard to get motivated to get out and run when it is so cold. At one point this week, I decided to not run anymore till Saturday and hope for warmer temperatures, but that thought did not last very long. This week, I missed 2 runs, but the few runs that I was able to get in were some good ones. Also, due to my good Saturday run, I am confident now that I will be ready for the ING Georgia Marathon, so that is comforting. This week I also got some good speed work in due to not running that much. This week I am planning to get some speed training in once as well as some good hill training.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: Unable to Run
Tuesday: Unable to Run
Wednesday: 7.3 mi/59:35/2-JF Hills/5-Fartleks
Thursday: 10.2 mi/1:25:20/L1-28:20/L2-28:09/L3-28:49/Ran with a friend at Roswell Park
Friday: REST
Saturday: 17.5 mi/2:27:56/Ran solo
Sunday: REST
Mileage=35 mi

In spite of missing a few runs this week, the week has been pretty productive. I had planned to run on Sunday with my wife and just take it easy, but we both decided to just take it easy and rest. As I have always said, a little rest never hurt anyone. I can honestly say, due to my missing Monday and Tuesday, I felt totally refreshed and had some really good runs the rest of the week. Wednesday and Saturday's runs were both fairly hilly, which is always a good thing. After Saturday's run, I felt pretty good and really wished I had run a bit longer. Next Saturday my training will increase to a 3 hour run, so I am sure to get a good 20 miler in come Saturday.

Check out the elevation profile for each of my runs this week. Hope everyone has had a great week of training!



(Thursday's 10.2 mi Run)
















(Wednesday's 7.3 mi Run)











(Saturday's 17.5 mi Run)









KEEP RUNNING!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger