Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 24-March 30/ING GA Marathon

First, I am excited to report that I finished the 2nd Annual ING Georgia Marathon. I did not have a PR,
but I am extremely happy with my time. The conditions for the ING were definitely not the greatest, but
that is not an excuse for a better run. I am totally happy with my results. I must say I was a bit
surprised with the number of hills the course had. After running the course for a 20 mile training run, I think it hurt
me not knowing what the final 6 miles were like. Wow, I knew Atlanta had hills, but I was not expecting ING to have
this many hills. Once again, that is not an excuse, more than anything it was my fault for not being better prepared.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST
Tuesday: 6.1 mi/52:25
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 4.2 mi/36:02
Friday: REST
Saturday: 2 mi/17:43
Sunday: ING GA Marathon/3:46:40
Mileage=38.4

Well, I am going to take a well needed break from training this week and not run at all. I will probably resume my running a week from tomorrow(Monday). It is possible that I may run next Saturday, but probably not. My next marathon is going to be the New York City Marathon in November. I will keep you updated as to when I plan to start training for the marathon. My plan is to just rest and run some local 5 and 10k road races. I would like to find 1 or 2 half marathons to run as well. Hope everyone that had the opportunity to run the ING met your goals and were pleased with your times. If not, there are plenty more marathons coming up. I would not mind going to Nashville to run the Country Music Marathon for a 3rd time, but that is highly unlikely.

Congrats to all that finished the ING and good luck recovering!
LJ
PS Look for me to post some photos of ING later on in the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger