Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

February 25-March 2

Back on track is how I feel right now. What a good week of running. Even though I missed one of my runs, I am pretty happy about my training. Each of my runs this week were really good ones and it felt really good to get another 20 miler under my belt!

My week started out with an easy 7 miler on Monday and on Tuesday, what a surprise! I started my run and wasn't sure how far I was going to run. After seeing a lot of lightening, I decided I better turn around and head back to the starting point(LA Fitness). About 10 minutes into heading back, the bottom fell out and man it was brutal. I can honestly say, I have never run in such horrible weather. Not only was it pouring down rain, but the wind was horrendous. Thank God I was close to home, so instead of going back to the gym, I took a detour and ran home. My wife had to take me to the gym to my car and my clothes.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 6.8 mi/55:50/L1-28:39/L2-27:10/EASY RUN
Tuesday: 6.3 mi/49:52/Caught in storm
Wednesday: Unable to Run
Thursday: 11.2 mi/1:31:28/Hilly Run
Friday: REST
Saturday: 20.5 mi/2:54:57
Sunday: REST
Mileage=44.8

This week was definitely a successful week! I started the week running in the mornings and finished up on Thursday running in the evening. I am hoping to do the same this week and run in the morning. Also, I purchased me a new toy this week. A Garmin Forerunner 305. Awesome GPS. Now I don't have to worry about how far I have run or how many calories I have burned. The GPS tells it all. Starting this week I will be including each of my weekly runs. Please don't hesitate to check them out underneath LJ's Weekly Runs/Routes.

Have a GREAT week of running as the temperatures start to get warmer.
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger