Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

First Run...

Well, I am happy to report that my first run since a little over a month ago was successful! Yesterday, I got to run on a treadmill in a pool(never done that before). I was a bit nervous as I did not know how my lower adductor was going to react. Nevertheless, I hopped right in and walked for the first 5 minutes and then I got to run for 5 minutes. I basically ran for nearly 15 minutes and walked for 10. I alternated back and forth every 5 minutes.

I was thinking the whole time that man, if I can run in this pool, it should be fairly easy to run outside, right? Not according to the therapist, there is a good bit of less pounding in the water which makes total sense. That being said, I am set to go for a run on my own on Saturday. Don't look for it to be a 10 miler or anything like that. I have been instructed to run for 25 minutes, max. Once again, I will be alternating running/walking every 5 minutes. This is by far better than what I have been doing the past month or so.

Oh well, just wanted to report some good news. Although yesterday was supposed to be my last PT session, I am going one more time next week just to get the reading of my MRI from the Orthopedic Sports doctor.

Happy running to all and I hope everyone has a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!!

LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger