Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back to running...

Well,

Here I am, I am back! Finally, I have been released to run again. I got a couple of runs in this week as you have probably already noticed. Like I said earlier, it feels so good to be back on the blacktop! I will be taking it easy most of this week as I run every other day starting tomorrow. I go back to the physical therapist on Thursday and will find out what the next step is. I am sure that it will be my last PT session. After Thursday, I am hoping to do at least a 10 miler on the weekend.

I am back to playing tennis as I am certain, this is where my troubles started. I will definitely be taking it easy as I play tennis and trying not to make any sudden moves, if that is even possible. After Saturday's match, I will probably take the following week off to rest and continue my running. This way, I will not repeat what I did earlier in the summer and therefore becoming injured.

Here are this week's results:

Tuesday: 4.1 mi/40:03
Saturday: 5 mi/47:37
Mileage=9.1 miles

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

I am just so happy to be back to running. I may not have run many miles this week, but at least I can say that I ran. I haven't been able to say that in a very long time. At any rate, hope everyone is enjoying the cooler temperatures, at least in the a.m.

Happy running this week to all!

LJ

1 comment:

Kevin Burroughs said...

You & I went to Lee togather. I'm wanting to get into running, but the shin slints are just to painful.

Any ideas??

Kevin Burroughs
Lee '91

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger