Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Headed in the Right Direction...

Well,

It seems as though I am finally headed in the right direction and making some good progress on my road to recovery. The one thing that I am noticing is that I am starting to try to push myself harder which is probably not a good idea. I am wanting to ease my way into this and not get myself injured again. That being said, I would like to believe this is a good thing. I was able to get some good runs in this week and all of them were pain-free. I even ran some hills and did not feel bad at all. On my longer runs, I am noticing some soreness seeing that I am not used to running the longer miles.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST
Tuesday: 6.3 mi/53:42
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 7.5 mi/1:07
Sunday: REST
Mileage=13.8

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Not a horrible week, but less running than the previous week. On Saturday, I celebrated my "40th" birthday! Due to it being my birthday, I went for an easy jog with my friend Allen and then off to the golf course. I played 18 holes of golf for my birthday and then it was time to celebrate my birthday. On my way home, to my surprise, my wife had planned the whole event. From playing golf to hanging out afterwards for a beer with a friend to going to another friends for a drink. All the way to coming home and walla, SURPRISE!!!! HHHHAAAAPPPPPYYYYY BIIIIRRRRTTTHHHDDAAAYYY!!! There were probably 50 people at our home to wish me a happy 40th. Oh my gosh, I was truly surprised and truly overwhelmed. Check out photos of my surprise party! What a way to cap off the evening! Sweetie, you know I love you so much and I am so mad at you for doing that to me(not really)! GREAT SURPRISE!

I am hoping to get more miles in this week as I continue to feel better and better!

Happy Trails to all!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger