Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nice easy run...

So, I went for a nice, slow, 10-minute mile pace 4 mile run today! I wish that I had words to express how good it felt to be back on the pavement running! Wow, it was truly a high that I have missed for a little over a month. I must say, I ran the whole time pain-free. I know the doctor told me to run 5 minutes and walk 5 minutes and only run for 30 minutes, but I just could not do it. After the first 5 minutes, I thought should I walk and I said heck no! It felt so good, I am telling you, it was nearly impossible for me to walk. As I sit here and type up this post, I am pain-free and glad that I did not walk a single step. Now, in the morning, I may say something totally different, but as for now, let me just enjoy the moment and take in how great it was to be back on the blacktop just pounding away. Please see LJ's runs to see the results. I could care less that it took me 40 minutes to run 4 miles when I normally run that far in 30 minutes and some times under 30 minutes. I was just enjoying myself.

Oh well, just had to give an update as I disobeyed my doctor's orders. Please don't tell my wife!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger