Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Week...

Well,

I am finally back to running. Even if it is every other day, it feels good to just be able to go for a run. I am still feeling some discomfort at the end of my runs, but the physical therapist says that is to be expected and that that is pretty normal. I have been instructed to still run every other day and to get a good bit of cross training in. That being said, I am shopping for a bike and taking spin classes for now. This makes perfect sense as I continue to get rid of the tendinitis in my lower adductor. The PT also said that I should not have any problems running the Atlanta Half-Marathon in November. I am a bit excited about my chances and yet a little nervous at the same time as I haven't ran any further than a 5 miler and still continue to have discomfort in my lower adductor after a few miles.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 4 mi/37:10
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 4 mi/35:48
Thursday: REST
Friday: REST
Saturday: 5.4 mi/51:01
Sunday: REST
Mileage=13.4

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

As you can see from my runs this week, I progressively got faster and faster. I expect the same this week as I run every other day and run the same distance. I am not planning to run too much faster as I am sure this will only cause more discomfort. I am sure to get in a couple of spin classes this week as I start to cross-train.

Hope everyone had a GREAT week and I wish everyone a GREAT week this week as well!
AVIDRNR

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger