Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 1-December 7

This week has not been the best by any means, at least when it comes to running. It has definitely been a GREAT week in other ways that I am not at liberty to share right now, but I will be updating you next week with that news. At any rate, I am sad to say that I have decided to stop running for the rest of the month of December. I definitely think that I could run more if I wanted to, but I feel like I need to rest my lower adductor more and just give it some time to heal and to concentrate on some more physical therapy. It seems like I started back a little too soon and started training to hard earlier than I was instructed. That being said, I am still happy about the running that I was able to get in. I just think that if I spend a bit more time getting over this tendinitis, it will help me in the long run. My goal is to still run in the Country Music Marathon in April 2009. My GPS was broken this week so therefore, all of my runs were without any times. I just ran to be running, which was a very good thing. I need to do this more often so my focus is not on time when running. This way I can take my focus off of how fast/slow I am running.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST

Tuesday: 5 mi/Wow, very, very cold morning run. It was my first run after the ATL Half-Marathon.



Wednesday: 5 mi/Nice, very comfortable run, did not try to push it or anything.



Thursday: REST

Friday: REST

Saturday: REST

Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles: 10 mi(run)

Although I will not be running this week, I am planning to take SPIN class on Wednesday and do a lot of physical therapy. I am a little frustrated, but at the same time excited about the rest that I will get and the PT. One good thing is that I am no where near where I was when I went to the doctor. In other words, the pain is not bad at all, but it has not gone away and this is what bothers me the most. Hope every one is getting excited about the holidays!! KEEP RUNNING!!
LJ
PS Look for exciting news next week!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger