Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15-June 21

It is official! I made it through my very first triathlon! The Callaway Gardens Triathlon. Wow, I must say, I really enjoyed the triathlon experience, it was truly an awesome event. The adrenaline was pumping the entire time and I could not wait to get started. I was a little disappointed in my swim time, but at the same time, it seemed to end very quickly. I do not have the results just yet, but I will post them as soon as I get them. The cycling went really well and I think I did a really GREAT job as I passed a lot of people. The run went very well also as I saw myself once again passing a number of people.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: SWIM/30 minutes=40 laps/Today, I realized that I am beginning to really like swimming. After this triathlon, I will probably start swimming a couple times a week.

4.2 mi(run)/35:14/Today's run went really well after 40 laps of swimming. I felt pretty good even though it was pretty hot and humid.







Tuesday: 3.3 mi(run)/28:07/Easy run as I taper for the race. Took my time and enjoyed the run. It was very humid.
6.6 mi(bike)/24:51/Easy, easy ride where I stopped by Jerry's and talked for awhile and then came home. Several big
hills.









Wednesday: SWIM/30 minutes=40 laps/Great swim where I just took my time and tried not to push it too hard.
TENNIS/1-hour/Probably not the best idea since I am supposed to be tapering and not to mention it was like 92 degrees outside, whew!
BIKE/17.8 mi/1:15:53/Nice ride on a very hot day! I should not have been riding seeing that I swam earlier for 30 minutes and then played tennis for an hour in 90 something degree temperature. Whew!







Thursday: REST(Not really, played 18 holes of golf!)

Friday: REST

Saturday: REST

Sunday: Callaway Gardens Sprint Triathlon

Like I said, I am very happy about being able to complete my very first Triathlon! As a matter of fact, I am satisfied with the results. Hope everyone had a great week of training and look for my triathlon results in the next day or so. Congratulations to the Stonaker boys for a great triathlon!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger