Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 22-June 28

Alrighty, here we come Peachtree Road Race! Yeah! I am getting excited about the annual Peachtree Road Race. On top of that, my brother(BJ) and his wife(Kim) and two of his children(Kelsey Meghan and James Byron) will be running the race as well. I am so excited. Well, back to matters at hand. This week was a very good week seeing that I should have just taken it easy the whole week and done absolutely nothing after my very first Triathlon. Honestly, I could not just sit down and do nothing. I was really beginning to wonder if I was in good enough shape to complete a 10k road race. After this week's training, I can honestly say, YES!

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST

Tuesday: 10.8 mi(bike)/37:51/Just an easy ride after the triathlon! I got tired of sitting around the house and doing nothing! Great ride and I felt great!





Wednesday: 6.4 mi(run)/55:09/Whew! First long run in awhile! Man, it is hot out already! Today was my first run to get ready for the Peachtree Road Race.





Thursday: 4.2 mi(run)/36:29/Nice, easy run after yesterday's 6 miler. I had planned to take the day off, but just could not do it.





Friday: REST

Saturday: 9.4 mi(run)/1:27:40/Getting ready for the Peachtree. Whew! It was muggy and hot this morning. Nevertheless, a very good run with a lot of hills! Alan and I ran the Peachtree course. This was my first long run since the triathlon and the longest run that I have had in months.





Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles: 20 miles(run)/10.8 miles(bike)

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Well, I had hoped to get in a bike ride on Sunday, but it was just too hot and I was just too tired. My wife and I started a painting project on Saturday and it literally took all day to complete. We were both so pooped that we were unable to get up for church on Sunday. Of course, the paint job looks incredible. Were are both very pleased in the turnout! Hope everyone has had a GREAT week of training. I will be getting in more miles till Wednesday and then I will take it easy the next few days and rest for Peachtree. Hope to see everyone at the Peachtree Road Race on Saturday and Happy 4th of July to all!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger