Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8- June 14

Well, another pretty good week of training as I go into my final week before my very first triathlon. I am pretty excited to say the least. I sort of changed a few things around this week in my training. I swam when I was supposed to be running or ran when I was supposed to be biking and so forth. I did not mess up to bad though, I was just unable to do things the normal way this week. I was pretty happy with my swimming this week even though I missed Sunday's swim. I will make up for missing the swim by doing it in the morning(Monday). This week will be my taper week and so I will be taking it easy for the most part.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 22 mi(bike ride)/Nice, relaxing ride with Jerry and his friend. Lot's of hills, but I felt ten times better than our previous ride. Lot's of hills.

Tuesday: 4 mi/31:04/Nice, easy run with a bit of speed. It was a good run considering it was my first run in nearly a week!

Wednesday: SWIM/30 min=42 laps/Great swim and I felt very comfortable the entire swim. I am feeling pretty confident about the swim part of the race!

Thursday: 3.1 mi/38:17/Started the run solo and ran into JP and ran the rest with him doing mostly run/walk. Definitely an easy run!





Friday: 1/4 mi(swim)/14 min/Great swim as I practiced for the race and I felt great!

4.2 mi(run)/33:54/Great run after a quarter mile swim!





Saturday: REST(Not really as I headed up a neighborhood clean-up day in my subdivision!)

Sunday: 22.5 mi(bike)/1:37:20/Great ride with Jerry today! Man, I felt great the entire ride and we did several hills!





3.2 mi(run)/25:55/Great run after the 22 mile bike ride. I felt pretty comfortable and took my time. I did speed up a good bit coming in. For some reason my HR was very high, but I think my HR monitor malfunctioned or so I hope.





Weekly Miles: 14.4 miles(run)/44.5 miles(bike)

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Definitely a good week of training. I will continue my regular training this week, just not quite as hard. I will be doing easy runs and easy rides as well as easy swims. I will swim two times, Monday and Wednesday and then take it easy. I hope everyone has had a GREAT week of training!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger