Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10-August 16

Well, I am happy to report that I survived my first week back to school with the kids! It was actually a very good week and the transition went a lot smoother than expected. The first few days I was pretty pooped, but it seems like I got stronger and stronger throughout the week and the afternoon naps pretty much vanished.

Definitely a GREAT week of training!

This week I will probably scale back to just running 4 miles each day instead of the 5 milers. Also, I will probably go for a long run on Saturday.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 5.3 mi(run)/46:18/First day back to school with kids, what a way to start my day! Great 5 mile run even though it was once again very humid!




Tuesday: 5.3 mi(run)/45:35/Very rough start, but I finished pretty strong and I felt pretty darn good.




Wednesday: 5.3 mi(run)/45:13/Wow, another rough start, but a very strong finish! Tried not to overdo it coming in.




Thursday: 5.3 mi(run)/48:03/Easy run. I took my time and just tried to run as slow as possible. Did not run quite as slow as I was hoping to.




Friday: REST

Saturday: 39 mi(bike)/2:46:03/Wow, 39 miles! This by far was my longest bike ride since getting a bike. Definitely a GREAT ride with Allen and Bob!




Sunday: REST

Weekly Miles: 21.2 miles(run)/39 miles(bike)

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

As you can see, I was able to finish my week off with a really nice, long bike ride. My two friends had actually mentioned us doing a 30 miler and I originally was a bit skeptical. Not so much as if I wondered whether or not I could do it, but more so if I felt up for it. Well, I was up for it and a little bit further as you can see from the results. I was pretty pooped the rest of the day and took it easy the rest of the day. I also decided to take it easy on Sunday instead of going for a run like I had planned.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger