Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17-August 23

I am happy to report yet another great week of training! I got new shoes on Thursday and therefore, ran in the evening. First time in a very long time running in the evening. I definitely prefer the morning run. At any rate, a great evening run. On Saturday, I decided to work in the yard and thus, no running or riding. That being said, I did work my butt off in the yard with my lovely wife! Wow, what a difference a little work makes. We are in the process of re-doing our backyard. Great job sweetie, I really like the ideas that you came up with. You are correct, I never like your ideas at first, but once the job is completed, you continue to amaze me! Great job!

Here are this week's results:

Monday: 4.2 mi(run)/36:03/Good run after a 3 day break. Took it easy for the most part and felt pretty refreshed.





Tuesday: 4.2 mi(run)/33:31/Wow, nice run on a very muggy morning. I felt great and wanted to push myself harder, but did not want to overdo it.





Wednesday: 4.2 mi(run)/34:50/Nice comfortable run. A lady passed me and I had a hard time resisting the urge to catch her, so I just decided not to let her get out of my sight. Ran faster and harder than I needed to.





Thursday: 4.2 mi(run)/36:42/Whew! Hills that I did not want to run nor need to be running, nevertheless I took my time and had a great run in my new shoes!





Friday: SPIN

Saturday: Yard work

Sunday: 22.6 mi(bike)/1:36:56/Nice, comfortable bike ride with Allen. Of course, riding in Buckhead always calls for a lot of hills.





Weekly Miles: 16.8 miles(run)/22.6 miles(bike)

Well, as you can see, I did not get in quite as many miles as last week, but I am still happy with my training. This week, I am hoping to get in a few more miles. This weekend was tough for me as I rode my bike on my old 20 mile run route, it brought back many memories. I wondered if I would ever get back to being able to run 20 miles. Man, I miss that! Oh well, life goes on. I am doing some research on lower adductor strains and groin muscles trying to find out as much information as I can on what my problem is. I am very hopeful that I will get through this. I am so grateful that the pain is nowhere near where it was when I realized that I had a problem. That being said, things could be worse. Hope everyone had a great week of training and wow, how bout those cooler temperatures this morning! Awesome!

Avidrnr

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger