Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

December 29-January 4

Happy New Year's to all!!

I did not get a whole lot of miles in this week, but I am so excited to be back at it! I was able to get my first run in from over a month on Thursday! I ran with a good buddy of mine and probably ran harder than I should. I definitely ran further than I was expecting and we did not even run as far as planned. When we started running, we were planning on an 8 miler, but I had to step in and listen to my body. Most of the week I was doing some physical therapy and just resting.

Here are this week's results:

Monday: REST

Tuesday: REST

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: 6.4 mi/1:00:11/First run in over a month. Nice, easy run. Was not in any pain, but did feel some soreness in the
lower adductor.



Friday: REST

Saturday: 4.1 mi/37:22/Nice, easy run and I got caught in the rain. I started some new physical therapy and it seems to be
helping. Ran pain-free.



Sunday: 4.3 mi/38:49/Nice, easy run. 2 runs in two days. It was a pain-free run with lot's of stretching beforehand.



Weekly Miles: 14.8 mi

**Please visit the MotionBased link to see more information about each of my runs this week!**

Definitely a good week of getting back at it. I found some really good stuff on the internet that I am trying as far as rehabbing my lower adductor and dealing with the tendinitis. Also, I found my stick that I haven't used in years and I can tell you now, it is making a big difference. I used the stick a few years ago when I was having hamstring problems and it made a huge difference. I am certain that it will help with the lower adductor issues that I am having. I have also found some new stretches that should help greatly as well. Hope everyone is off to a GREAT year and keeping those New Year's resolutions!

KEEP RUNNING IN 2009!
LJ

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger